February 23, 2014
New regulation for the OMMP Program is around the corner. We have been asked by many facilities “How do I choose a reputable laboratory?” We recommend that you ask the following questions:
- What equipment does your laboratory use?
- What is the process of testing that your laboratory uses?
- Does your lab test everything on one piece of equipment or do they have multiple pieces?
- Does your lab use testing equipment or test strips?
- What is the system of quality control that your laboratory uses?
- Does your laboratory have a physical address?
- What training does your laboratory personnel have?
- How do you validate your analytical methods?
- Does your lab test every sample or do they give results based on a comparison of history of other samples that look similar?
- What kind of samples do you test for?
- What are the methods that you use and what are the limits to those methods?
- Is your laboratory independent of any dispensary or medical marijuana facility?